1 Brick (or flat rock)
1 pk Aluminum foil, heavy-duty
1 Corrugated cardboard box
1 Metal pie pan, old
3 Coat hangers
4 Charcoal briquets, lit
1. Cover the inside and outside of the box completely with 3 or 4 layers of
aluminum foil, including the flaps. Lay box on level ground so that the
opening opens oven-style (front-door style is OK, too).
2. Straighten the coat hangers, then run them through the sides of the
box about 2/3 of the way up from the bottom to form a rack.
3. Set brick in bottom. Place live coals into pie pan/pie plate. Putpan on
brick (don't forget, the PIE PAN IS HOT! Use an oven mitt or hot pad).
4. Place food to be cooked onto coat-hanger rack and close oven door.
Watch carefully, checking often. Each live coal makes about 80 degrees
5. Remember that this is card follow the directions or it will start on fire.
Do this outside never indoors!